When you have PayPal set up, you may notice that your customers’ phone numbers aren’t displaying in your order confirmation email/page. This is because when someone checks out with PayPal, they enter all their information on their servers, meaning that even if you have phone number as a required field in the Cart32 Admin (Cart Settings > Billing Information), PayPal does not store it and send it back to Cart32 unless you make a change in your PayPal administration. There are now two layouts that you may see in your PayPal admin, so if one set of directions doesn’t work for you, please try the other:
- Log into your PayPal account
- Select Profile
- Select Website Payments Preferences
- Locate Contact Telephone Number and make sure it is set to on.
If that does not apply to you, please try the following instructions:
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Click Profile
- Select “My Selling Tools” from the left side navigation
- Find Website Preferences (click Update)
- Change the Radio Button for phone number to Yes (Required)
After you have done that, your customer’s phone numbers will be stored and sent to Cart32 for your viewing in your order confirmations.