Real time credit card processing is only available in the Cart32 Enterprise Edition. If you have Cart32 hosting, you have the Enterprise Edition.
Cart32 now offers its own merchant service to process credit cards. For more information on the Cart32 Merchant Account please give us a call at 417-865-1283, or click here.
You will also need to sign up with a third party payment processor (aka – gateway or merchant account) to process payments. Cart32 does not directly process credit card payments. If you have a payment processor, click here to see if it’s on our list of compatible companies.
To setup your payment processor, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Cart32 web admin.
- Click the Shopping Cart category, select the Order Processing subcategory.
- Check Use Real Time Credit Card Processing.
- Select the Payment Gateway from the drop down list and wait for the page to reload.
- Fill in the required fields with the information provided by your processor, such as Merchant ID, password / PIN, etc.
- Click Save.
To test the settings, we recommend you place a test order through the cart. You can use Visa, card number 4111 1111 1111 1111, and any expiration date beyond today’s date. This card number will be declined, but will be accepted as a payment method.
Some payment processors will return an error code if there’s an error. This can be checked when you view the order details under the Sales category> Orders subcategory tab. Otherwise, the cart administrator will need to check the log file for the appropriate processor if there is an error.
Note: Some payment processors require additional setup steps, such as Cybersource. Search the Cart32 knowledge base for your specific processor to see if there are additional steps.