Getting Started with Google Apps and Gmail for your Domain
- Go to the following address to begin setup: https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new
- Select “Administrator: I own or control this domain”, Enter your domain name (www.example.com), and click “Get Started”.
- Fill out your personal information on the next page and click “Continue”. *Note* you must use an email address that is outside of your domain on this page (@yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc.).
- Enter your desired username and password, complete the word verification, and click “I accept. Continue with set up >>”.
- You will be taken to a screen asking you to verify ownership of your domain. You will need to click “Continue” on this screen.
- Sign in to the account that you just created and you will be taken back to the account verification screen. The simplest way to verify your account is to select the “Upload an HTML file to your server” option. Simply follow the instructions and click “Verify” when the file is in place.
- You will be brought to the administrator dashboard. Click on the “Activate Email” link under “Email”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “I have completed these steps”.
- Click on the “Email” link and you will see:
Your users can access Email at:
Your email users will need to follow that link to log in to their email accounts.
If you are a current customer of Cart32’s Surgemail and are switching to Gmail…
We will need to update the MX records for your domain before you will be able to use Gmail. Please contact us when you have reached this step and we will gladly do so. You can contact us by:
- Sending an email to Support@cart32.com
- Calling customer support at 417-865-1283
Creating Additional Email Accounts
- Navigate to the dashboard of your Google Apps account.
- Choose “Organization & Users” tab at the top of the page.
- Click “Create a new user” and enter in their name and desired email address.
- Create the additional email accounts that you need and click “Done.”
Setting up your Computer or Phone to Work with Gmail
Google has written some great knowledgebase articles that explain very clearly how to enable various devices to work with Gmail. You can find them at the following links: