Note: These settings are for Windows Server 2008. If you are running Windows Server 2003, please see this article.
Cart32 requires permissions to be set in a few areas to ensure proper functionality. This article is designed to give you a quick reference for all required permissions, as well as some example images to help you.
(Note: Cart32 cannot run on a Linux, Mac, or Unix server)
- Click on the name of the server.
- Click on ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
- Add c32web.exe and cart32.exe and make sure they are allowed.
- Click on the website in IIS, list the folders, and click on the cgi-bin.
- Click on Handler Mappings, click edit feature permissions, and make sure that scripts and executables are allowed.
Data Execution Prevention Settings:
Start -> Right-click Computer and choose properties
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Under “Performance” click on settings.
- Click on Data Execution Prevention and Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.
Complement that with permissions instructions from the following link and you should be set: