If you are using Verisign Payflow pro v3 as your selected payment processor in Cart32 and are receiving declined credit cards in your orders, it may be due to a failure in Verisign’s ability to authorize your account information.
Follow these steps to check your orders and see if you are getting the “User Authentication Failed” error:
- Login to your Cart32 web administration.
- Click the Sales Category and then the Orders Subcategory if they are not already showing.
- Choose one of your most recent orders that has been declined (most recent order is best) and click the edit link.
- In the order pop-up window that opens, there will be a field under the Payment Information section called Auth Info. If the response to the right of it says User Authentication Failed, then the steps presented below may solve the problem.
Follow these steps to make sure you are using the correct information for Verisign Payflow Pro v3:
- Login to your Cart32 web administration if you haven’t already.
- Click the Shopping Cart category, Order Processing sub category, and Real Time Card Processing tab.
- Make sure the option to Use Realtime Credit Card Processing is selected and the Payment Gateway is set to Payflow pro v3.
- Fill in the User ID field with the User ID given to you by Verisign.
- Your password should already be set, but just to make sure you may want to re-enter the password Verisign has provided you by clicking the Click To Set password link.
- For Partner enter the Partner name provided to you by Verisign. Sometimes it is not necessary to have the Partner entered; this depends on your account settings with Verisign.
- For Vendor enter the Vendor name provided to you by Verisign. This is often the same as your User ID. Sometimes it is not necessary to have the Vendor entered; this depends on your account settings with Verisign. Save.
If you are unsure of any of the information needed for the Payflow Pro v3 settings in Cart32, you will need to contact Verisign to receive this information.